medico international e.V. a Frankfurt-based German Non-Governmental Organization, provides emergency relief and supports human rights and development projects to secure access to health care for those in need.
For the implementation of the envisaged ECHO-funded project “meeting the health needs of communities in the Ramallah district by sustaining and improving the health care services” in the Occupied Palestinian Territories we are looking for a full-time Expatriate Project Coordinator
Duration: 14 months, August 2007 to September 2008
Location: Ramallah, Westbank, Occupied Palestinian Territories
Under the supervision of the director of medico’s regional office, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for the following duties and functions:
- Preparation and implementation of all project activities in a timely and effective manner.
- Overall coordination with our local partners Ministry of Health (MoH), Palestinian Medical Relief Society (PMRS) and Health Work Committees (HWC).
- Ensure that all activities are compliant with donor regulations (ECHO).
- Ensure monitoring and supervision of all activities.
- Preparation, coordination and supervision of all project staff.
- Drafting of interim and final reports for ECHO.
- Reporting to HQ.
- Ensuring proper use of funds according to the agreed budget for the project, with particular consideration of financial reports.
- Implementing and supervising all tendering and decision-making procedures regarding supply, service and works contracts, follow-up of delivery of supplies and their distribution, stocks and contracted works and services.
- At least 3 years professional and practical experience in project management, implementation and administration, including procurement & logistics, monitoring & evaluation.
- Experience in projects addressing primary health care will be an asset.
- Familiarity with donor requirements, especially ECHO regulations a plus.
- Knowledge of the social, political and associative context of Palestine or the Middle East will be appreciated.
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills, cultural and political sensitivity.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills as well as accuracy.
- Ability to work well under unstable security environments, and administrative as well as programmatic pressures.
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player.
- English fluency (written and spoken).
- Arabic an asset.
- Ability to travel to and inside Israel and the West Bank.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good health.
- Driving License.
Please send a letter of motivation and your CV, including references, to Karin Urschel, firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 May 2007. Further information about medico & our projects can be found on our website: www.medico.de Frankfurt, 12 April 2007 medico international e.V. Karin Urschel Burgstrasse 106, D-60389 Frankfurt / Main Germany